CallumJM2000CallumJM2000

Main Art Favorites Reviews Stats

All 6 art Reviews

Wicked Warmth Wicked Warmth

Im hoping my suggestion of adding more colour to your work is the reason recent ones have seemed more colourful :)
ps. do you work from a reference photo?

ThatDeadKid responds:

No actually this was an experiment. All of these artworks are old, as I had (at the time) just joined Newgrounds. Therefore, the art you previously commented on was probably over a year before this piece was actually made. Thank you though. And yes, I worked directly from a reference photo in this painting as well as most of my others. They're all just experiments and practice with no intent of selling work right now, considering I've only been doing art 3 years and I'm 16 years of age. :)

Miles McKenna Trans Pride Miles McKenna Trans Pride

Really good attempt at the facial expression which I imagine was very difficult to pull of to the level you have done.

Kanye Habiki Kanye Habiki

Looks alot like Archer which I like.
Great use of the cheetah texture made it look like it is meant to be their even though its the only use of an actual picture in the drawing.
where did the idea come from exactly?
Good work.

Digital Portrait Digital Portrait

Do more like this please, adding colour into your work would make it alot more enjoyable to look at, keeping the majority of your portfolio greyscale wont do you much good.
step away from "profiles" of one person at a time even if its your strength it might be good to see the obvious skill explored in other means.
Keep it up I hope to see more from you.

ThatDeadKid responds:

Thanks for the feedback :)
I don't do colour because 1) I prefer studying getting values right because I need more practice with that first, and 2) I'm partially colourblind sooo haha yeah
And I do profiles because I like doing profiles, these are just photo studies anyhow, I do work outside of this such as studies from life, etc.

The morning stroll The morning stroll

Looks great but since this is a straight photograph the lighting isnt even across the peice so its hard to get a great look at it. try and get access to a scanner so we can appreciate it more, im no expert but im sure you should be able to do it even with acrylics.
Keep up the good work.

TheNutellaQueen responds:

We do have a scanner, but I paint on A3 paper so it's too big. Thanks for the tip anyway ^^

Beep Beep

Colouring and shading is all great but the proportion of her left calf and face looks off. great work otherwise